Tumble & Fall - Alexandra Coutts I received an advanced copy of this book from NetGalley to review.

I love the concept of this book. The three teens in this book are dealing with serious problems in their life. They are forced to confront them in a short period of time because of the ensuing apocalypse. That drives them all to find closure before the world ends. The author did a great job portraying teens with mental health issues, alcoholic parents, absentee parents, a loved one's recent death, and stepfamilies. A big part of being a teenager is figuring out where you belong and these teens all go through that to find their home and the families they created before the end. I loved that about this book. Was it fast paced or action packed? No, the book was more of a character study. It took me a while to get the hang of the characters and want to know more about their stories. Zan had me from the start. Sienna took a chapter or two to hook me. They both held my attention. My interest in Caden rose and fell dramaticallly. His plotline was well done, but I was more invested in Zan's search for closure and Sienna trying to figure out where she wants to be when the world ends. I think it was because I wanted to see more of Caden's relationship with his mother and sister. I wanted a bit more crossover between the kids. Overall, I enjoyed this book and would recommend it to a friend. I think that the book's strongest point is that it has good crossover appeal. The asteroid aspect of the book makes it more than a regular contemporary novel. I think it would be a good stepping stone to introduce readers of contemporary YA to science fiction and vice versa.