It Takes Two to Tangle - Theresa Romain I received a copy of this book from Netgalley to review.

I loved Theresa Romain's previous book (A Season for Surrender) so I had pretty high hopes for this book. I ended up liking it a lot. It's a bit more angsty than most historical romance novels, which works for the novel. Henry was wounded in the war. He is trying to find his place back in society. Unfortunately he finds that difficult. He decides that the best course of action is to find a wife who everyone in the ton likes. What made this book work was the fact that Henry doesn't necessarily like Caroline, he just thinks that being with her will make his life easier. This makes it easier to root for his attraction to Frances. Frances is writing letters that Henry thinks are from Caroline. Henry finds himself wanting to spend more and more time with Frances and just be with her. She is a widow and their relationship helps her come to terms with some of her own issues. I loved the romance because they helped each other and saw how special the other person was. Also, all of the painting and color descriptions were great.

I already have obtained a copy of Romain's next book (A Season for Scandal) which I'm sure will be just as great.